Saturday, May 14, 2022

Amiga 1200 - Kickstart 3.1.4 upgrade, but not upgrading to AmigaOS 3.1

 So I splurged a couple bucks on the updated AmigaOS 3.1.4 from Hyperion. It came with both the ROMs and AmigaOS. Now, I have 3.1 installed already, and I wanted to just drop in the ROMs.

It almost worked.

It looks like they moved some libraries from the ROM out to disk/RAM in order to make space.



So I figured they were on one of the installation disks, and....

Easy peasy. I copied icons.library and workbench.library to my system partition and rebooted. All good!



It's really quite slick how Kickstart ROMs are basically a bootloader and then a whole bunch of libraries, some of which form the core OS and some are actually just libraries. I'm sad this concept didn't show up elsewhere.





No comments:

Post a Comment