Monday, June 30, 2008

First milestone - code reuse!

I've spent the last couple of evenings committing code to break out the last bits of the core event loop. I then added in a chopped up copy of src/ssl.c (the SSL CONNECT tunneling stuff) and voila! I now have a TCP proxy.

A (comparitively) slow TCP proxy (3000 small obj/sec instead of where it should be: ~10,000 small obj/sec). A slow, single-threaded TCP proxy, but a TCP proxy nonetheless.

I can now instrument just the core libraries to find out where they perform and scale poorly, seperate from the rest of the Squid codebase. I count this as a pretty big milestone.

No comments:

Post a Comment